My friends dole out advice in bursts of random clarity and unapologetic honesty.
Some of their offhand comments have struck me as profound and meaningful. So I’ve pulled together a list of such quotes for your amusement. Enjoy ☺
- Eat a Snickers, lie down. Tell me if you’re still stressed about it.
- Just buy the damn dress/shoes/coat/books!
- Stand up, roll your shoulders back and take a deep breath. You got this!
- Stop crying over boys who can’t read basic Financial Statements (borrowed from @TheBig4Accountant)
- Remember where you came from, but don’t be insecure because of it.
- If it costs you your health, it’s not worth it.
- You can’t let one nasty experience skew your world view. You need more samples.
- Don’t skip breakfast!
- Taking the next step is far more important than drawing the whole map.
- Don’t apologize for your intensity.
- Love, respect and obedience are 3 separate ideas. You can love someone and still choose not to do what they expect of you.
- Trust your instincts.
- It’s okay to be #NoFilter.
- Nobody’s opinion matters more than your own.
- Whenever someone tells you something like, “Only men / the privileged/ someone older" can do something, it just means they haven’t seen someone like you do it. You don’t have to be limited by their narrow world view.